Saturday, September 20, 2008

Once again

Yeah I haven't written anything in what seems like a very long time, even though I have tons of material to write stuff on. I even have stuff written out on paper cause its more accessible to me. So I have decided to blog about university life.

Life at UBC is a drastic change from what St. Pat's is life. There is just the feeling of being overwhelmed by everything that is there, and there's nothing you can do but be a part of it. Taking a first year program called Science One, I sit in a classroom with 75 other people, people who you can look at and correctly say "He's probably smarter than me". I can honestly say that i love university. Everybody is here to learn, and so I am surrounded by people who are just as eager to go to class as I am. Meeting new people and learning new things has always excited me.
I feel much more independent, choosing for myself what I what to do, and when to do it. My classes are all interactive, encouraging everybody to take part and learn together. Days flicker by, and it has already been 3 weeks since school started, although it has only felt like 1. I am eager to see what surprises and challenges university brings me, waiting for the best years of my life.

No comments: