Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 2. Paper

So here is a recap of day 2 at work. Arrive at 7:50, cause bus driver knew how to stop at the correct place. Put on lab coat, and rebelled against safety glasses. I honestly hate having to wear safety glasses ontop of my glasses, the one thing i don't like about labs. The day consisted of paper paper to test freeness or some shit, didn't really get what we were doing other than pouring lots of water and pulp around. Then making circles out of it, and drying them. That took about the entire morning, and the afternoon was making handsheets, which were paper circles that are used to test for different properties using cool machines. The entire day was spent on my feet, washing, pouring, cleaning. Repeat. I can't say it was a terrible thing to do, but it was pretty boring and sorta tiring, standing alllll day and pouring liquids around. But i've got nothing to complain about, since my co-workers are all pretty awesome. Working with al girls is a nice change from the all male environment in engineering. Standing all day made me quite tired, since I did yoga-pilates yesterday, keeping up with my new years resolution.

With work, I find that I don't really have the time to blog as much as i wanted to, mainly because I haven't had time to think about many things. Work is great though, I think i've made like $300 in 2 days? Wooot!

No comments: