Monday, April 14, 2008

Welcome to my life

Ahh the bittersweet taste of disappointment. How truly numbers on a page can attack and undermine even the greatest. Set yourself up high, and you are only doomed to be disappointed. Well I guess it was about time for me to realize that everything in life isn't as easily obtained as I imagined. While I moan and groan about getting 80% in a test, others would gladly trade their marks for mine. From today forward, I am hoping to start trying to focus once again on school. I think that I am too easily discouraged, but I am also easily encouraged. So hopefully I will once again get into my routine of homework first, then some reading, then computer. But lately, it seems that going out and having fun is quite the distraction.

Also with all this graduation stuff coming up, it just adds to the immense aberration. Grad is overrated, and thats all there is to it. Why can't it just be a simple "Congratulations, here is your diploma," and then we're done. All this fancy shmancy just for graduation. If only people did not make such a big deal about graduating. But I think my mom is right, its overrated because most parents have no graduated, so their like "OMG they're sooo smart! Let's all celebrate." Such minor things in life are not deserving of celebration, and if such minor things are made to be more than what they are, its just creating a false sense of accomplishment. I could go on for a few more paragraphs, but I must go and try and do something with my time other than ranting about the uselessness of many things.

No comments: